Address : Komp. Setra Duta, Blok K5/29, Bandung 40151, Indonesia
Dr. Puji Lestari, an associate professor at the Department of Environmental Engineering, Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB), Indonesia, teaches air pollution courses at graduate and undergraduate programs since 1998. She received a sarjana degree in Chemical Engineering from Gadjah Mada University in 1986 and received her Ph.D degree in Environmental Engineering, major in air pollution from Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, USA in 1996.
Dr. Lestari is also an adviser for graduate and undergraduate students who doing work in air pollution. She did work in the field of air pollution, designed air pollution control devices, conducted short courses on Urban Air Quality Management and air pollution control for Asian countries as well as for many industries in Indonesia. She gave presentations at many international conferences. Her recent work is on developing emission factors for industrial and transport sectors in Indonesia. She also served as a team leader on developing Emission standard for baggase and Kernel shell combustion for Ministry of Environment (MOE) in 2006. Since 1999, Dr. Lestari has been leading as a Project Investigator for many national and International research projects. Her current research project is on â€œImproving Air Quality In Indonesia which include Air Quality Monitoring, Air Quality Modeling, Emission Inventory and Policy Studyâ€ in cooperation with Asian Institute of Technology under SIDA funding for the periods of 2001-2007.
Currently she serves on many national and international committees. She was a reviewer for Directorate of Higher Education (DIKTI) from Ministry of Education in selecting and evaluating researchers in many universities in Indonesia. Dr Lestari also serves as the research project evaluator for RAPIDC under SIDA funding for Asian and African Countries. Dr. Lestari is a country representative and main instructor for CAT-Net (Clean Air Training Net Work for Asian Countries) and her duty include selection of trainees from Asian countries.
LIST OF COURSES:
- TL 6114 Meteorologi Pencemaran Udara (Meteorology of Air Pollution)
- TL 8100 Kemodinamika (Chemodynamics)
- TL 3211 P.Pencemaran Udara (Air Pollution Management)
- TL 5213 Pengendalian Pencemaran Udara (Air Pollution Control)
- TL 6210 Pengendalian partikulat (Particulate Control)
- Project Investigator (PI): (2004-2007) Phase II of Research Project on â€œImproving Air quality in Indonesiaâ€ which include air pollutant monitoring, risk analysis, Dispersion Modeling, receptor modeling, Control Technology, Health Effect and policy studyâ€, under ARRPET (Asian Regional Research Project on Environmental Technology) funded by SIDA (Swedish International Development and Cooperation Agency)
- Project Investigator (PI): Research Project on â€œ The Effect of using Bio-etanol fuel to Vehicleâ€™s Emission and Engine Performanceâ€ funded by LPPM-ITB, January – December 2007
- Project Investigator (PI): Research Project on â€œ The Effect of using Bio-diesel fuel to Vehicleâ€™s Emission and Engine Performanceâ€ funded by LPPM-ITB, January – December 2005
- Project Investigator (PI): for the project on â€œ Emission Inventory from Transportation sector in Bandung Basinâ€ funded by local EPA (BPLHD) of West Java province, April 2005-April 2006
- Team Leader: â€œBlood Lead Level Test for school children, students, vendors, policeman in Bandungâ€ In cooperation with Lead Information Center (LIC) Jakarta and supported by SIDA (Swedish International Development and Cooperation Agency) and US EPA (United State Environmental Protection Agency) February 2005 â€“ February 2006
- Team Leader: â€œDevelopment of Emission Factors for transport and industrial sectors for application into Heat Software. Funded by ICLEI, USA (January â€“ August 2005)
- Project Investigator (PI): (2001-2003) Phase I of Research Project on â€œImproving Air quality in Indonesiaâ€ which include air pollution monitoring, risk analysis, modeling (receptor and dispersion), and policy study and Control Technologyâ€, under ARRPET and funded by SIDA
- Air Quality Team Leader: (2002-2003) Phase II research project on ARRPEC (Asian Regional Research Project on Energy Consumption) in cooperation with ITB-Energy Research Center. The project included Air quality estimation from transport sector and all sectors for Bandung and Jakarta cities. Funded by SIDA
- Project Investigator (PI): (2000-2001) â€œEstimation of CO Concentration from Transportation Sector in the road intersection in Bandung and Study on Air Quality Assessment and modeling from transportation sector in Surabayaâ€ Supported by GTZ
- Team Leader: In cooperation with PT. Indocement Tunggal Prakarsa, on Emission Measurement for Co-Processing Projects, Citeurup. 2004-2007., funded by PPP (Public Private Partnership) Project funded by GTZ and PT Indocement
- Team Leader: â€œDevelopment of Emission Standard for Baggase and Kernel Shell Combustion in Indonesia (Pengembangan Baku Mutu Emisi untuk Industri Gula dan Sawit di Indonesiaâ€, Kementerian Lingkungan Hidup (Ministry of Environment/ MOE), Juni-Desember 2006.
- Team Leader: â€œ Pengembangan Kurikulum Pelatihan Pengelolaan Kualitas Udara (Development of Coarse Material on Air Quality Managementâ€ Kementerian Lingkungan Hidup (Ministry of Environment), January-June 2005.
- Team Leader,â€ Development of Curriculum of Air Pollution Control â€œ Ministry of Environment (MOE). April-August 2005
- Team Leader: P.T. Premier Oil Indonesiaâ€ Emission Monitoring for Natuna Islands â€œ 2004-2005
- PTP Nusantara X (Plantation), Surabaya, Indonesia: Consultant for the design of air pollution control devices (cyclone and Wet Scrubber) for Sugar Cane Plant â€“ PG Pesantren Baru, (May 2001 â€“ May 2002).
- Instructor: International Training on TOT- DL Urban Air Quality Management, Bangkok February 2006, Organized by AIT-Bangkok and funded by the World Bank Institute (WBI)
- Main Instructor and Team Leader: International Training on Distance Learning Urban Air Quality Management, funded by the World Bank Institute (WBI) and UEM-Asian Institute of Technology, Bandung, September 2005
- Main Instructor and Team Leader: International Training on Air Pollution Control, funded by CAT-Net Asia and US EPA, Bandung, September 2004
- Main Instructor: International Training on â€œAir Pollution Control for Gaseous and Particulate Emissionâ€ Organized by Pollution Control Department (PCD)-Bangkok, November 2003
- Main Instructor: â€œ Air Quality Management Training for Government Officialsâ€, Organized by Ministry of Environment, May 2005.
- Main Instructor, â€œ Air Pollution Control Training for Gov Officersâ€ Organized by Ministry of Environment, March, 2005
- Main Instructor: â€œTraining on Air Pollution Control for Sugar Cane industryâ€ Organized by PTPN X, Malang October 2003
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
- Puji Lestari. â€œ Factors Affecting Blood Lead Level for School Children in Bandungâ€ Journal of Purifikasi, vol 6.No2, December 2006
- Kim Oanh, N, Uphadayay, Y-P Zuang, Z.P- Hao, Puji Lestari ,â€ Particulate Air Pollution in Six Asian Cities: Spatial and Temporal Distribution and Associated Sourcesâ€ Journal of Atmospheric Environment, 40 (June 2006) p. 3367-3380
- Endang Kuswara dan Puji Lestari, â€œInventori Emisi Polutan CO, NOx, HC dan SPM di Kab Bandungâ€, Jurnal Teknik Lingkungan, Agustus 2006, p215-224
- Puji Lestari, Ali Oskui, and Kenneth E Noll.â€ Size Distribution and dry depositions of particulate mass, sulfate and nitrate in an Urban area â€œ, publication in the Journal of Atmospheric Environment, 37 ( June 2003) P.2507-2516.
- Puji Lestari, and Savitri, â€œAtmospheric Particulate Concentration Measured in an Urban Area Bandungâ€ publication in the Journal of PAGEOPH, 160 ( January 2003) p.107-116, Basel, Switzerland
- Rachmat Boedisantosa dan Puji Lestari,â€Proses Photokatalitik dengan katalis TiO2 menggunakan reaktor multiplate untuk menyisihkan gas NOxâ€ Jurnal Purifikasi, vol 3.No.1, january, 2002
- Puji Lestari and RA Lenggana Widiarsa,â€ Kalibrasi model breezway CAL3QHC untuk memprediksi dispersi polutan CO di persimpangan Jalan, Jurnal Purifikasi, 2001
- Puji Lestari and Haryono Huboyo, â€œ Source Apportionment of Fine and Coarse Particles in Bandung during Dry Season Using Chemical Mass Balanceâ€Batter Air Quality (BAQ) conference, December 13-15, 2006.
- Puji Lestari, Joko S. Yekti and Ucok W Siagian, â€œEstimation of Ambien Air Quality Using a simple Dispersion Model for Jakarta Cityâ€ Batter Air Quality (BAQ) conference, December 13-15, 2006.
- Puji Lestari, Iman Reksowardojo, Nila Damitri, Gede.Wibawa and Tirto P.Brodjonegoro, â€œ The effect of using biodiesel fuel to vehicleâ€™s emission and engine performance for cars with different technologiesâ€Batter Air Quality (BAQ) conference, December 13-15, 2006.
- Puji Lestari, Diyah Minarni and Aditya Mahalana. â€ Study of BLL for School Children in Bandung-Indonesiaâ€ Presented at the BAQ (Better Air Quality) International Conference, Yogyakarta, Dec 13-15, 2006
- Puji Lestari and Yulia Hendra, â€œ Atmospheric Polycyclic Hydrocarbon (PAHs) in the Gas and Particulate in Bandungâ€ presented at the Environmental Technology and Management Conference, September 6-7, 2006
- Puji Lestari, Endang Kurniawan and Kania Dewi, â€œ Emission Inventory of Pollutant CO, NOx and SPM from transportation sector in Bandung Basinâ€ presented at the Environmental Technology and Management Conference, September 6-7, 2006
- Puji Lestari and Meidy Praharsa, â€œ Estimation of Air quality in Bandung caused by transportation sector using a simple dispersion modelâ€ Presented at the BAQ 2003, Manila December 15-20, 2003.
- Puji Lestari, Oktri Sunarni and Haryono Huboyo,â€Dry deposition measured in an urban area Bandung: Comparison between Upward and downward fluxes and its chemical compositions,â€ presented at the AWMAâ€™96th annual conference and exhibitions, June 22-26, 2003, San Diego, USA.
- Puji Lestari,â€Improving Air Quality in Indonesia: Study of fine and coarse particles in Bandungâ€ Presented at the Forum Nuclear Communication for Asian Countries workshop, Jakarta January 13-17, 2003.
- Puji Lestari, Asmara Dewi and Fani Hermaniâ€ Characterzation of atmospheric Particulate PM2.5 and PM10 in Bandungâ€ Presented on the Sixth International Aerosol Conference, Taipei September 8-13, 2002
- Puji Lestari, â€œ Status and trend of air pollution in Indonesiaâ€ presented on the second annual meeting of Asian Regional Research Project for Environmental Technology (ARRPET), Bangkok March 18-20, 2002.
- Puji Lestari, Savitri, and Asmara Dewi,â€ Characterization of Atmospheric Particulate TSP and PM10 in an Urban area Bandungâ€ Proceeding on Environmental Technology and Management Seminar, Bandung January 9-10, 2002.
- Puji Lestari, and Haryo, â€œ Air pollution and health impact of forest fire 1997 in Indonesiaâ€, presented on the regional conference of Air and Waste Management Association (AWMA), Bangkok March 22-24, 2000.
NATIONAL CONFERENCES (2005-2006)
- Puji Lestari â€Pencemaran timbel di udara dan kadar timbel dalam darah anak2: studi kasus di bandungâ€ Invited Speaker, Seminar Nasional , 15 Desember, 2004, Hotel Borobudur Jakarta diselenggarakan oleh KPBB-Jakarta
- Puji Lestari, â€œPencemaran Udara di Kota Bandung: beserta sumber dan dampaknyaâ€ Workshop Nasional, Invited speaker, Bandung 15 Oktyober 2005, Walhi-Bandung
- Puji Lestari, â€œPolusi Udara di kota Bandung: Kini dan Esokâ€ Invited speaker dalam seminar Kaliodoskop Lingkungan 2005, Kaasalam Bandung, December 2005
- Puji Lestari, â€œPenelitian Kadar Timbel Anak sekolah di Kota Bandung 2005â€ Invited speaker pada acara PUBLIC EXPOSE, Jakarta 23 Maret 2006.
- PujiLestari, â€œPenelitian Kadar Timbel Anak sekolah di Kota Bandungâ€ Invited Speaker, pada lokakarya lingkungan di selenggarakan oleh BPLHD Jawa Barat, Htl Imperium, 25 April 2006
- Puji Lestari , â€œ Pengaruh Timbel pada Kesehatan dan Upaya Penanggulanganâ€, Invited Speaker pada Lokakarya Pejabat Propinsi Jawa Barat, Bandung, 3 Mei 2006